upcoming field trips and opportunities
Customized Field Trips:
Customized field trips allow you to pick the date and time that works best for you! Pull together a group of friends, family, and/or co-workers. Then let us know what issues you care about and we will plan a fun and meaningful volunteer opportunity for you! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Family & Community Volunteer Day:
Saturday, November 17th, from 10am until noon
A day of giving is a great way to start off the holidays, while benefiting your community and having fun! We are partnering with History Colorado, and all participants will receive FREE access to the museum, which has amazing exhibits, including Play Ball!
Some of the things we will be doing:
- Decorating bags used to deliver meals to people with life-threatening illnesses for Project Angel Heart
- Make kindness cards for families torn apart by immigration detention, who are being reunited by Casa de Paz
- Making toys for rescued dogs through 2 Blondes All Breed
- Putting together care packages for the Close to Home Network
- The Blue Bench will have a resources table where older kids and their families can learn more about healthy relationships and boundaries through games and information.
- Create thank you cards for firefighters and others
- Kindness Scavenger Hunt: you have to attend to find out more ;-)
- Pledge for the environment
- Reading corner: Cuddle up with your little ones and read a book or two about service, volunteerism, and the power of kindness. We'll have some books on hand to entertain, inspire, and help you start and continue family conversations about the importance of helping others.
- We'll also be collecting children's books for Reach Out and Read Colorado